Mooncake review!
After mooncake tasting at taka, I liked Kee Wah's traditional mooncake :p Went all the way to Goodwood Park to order their new teochew style flaky mooncake. Finally waited till today and collected it just now. It smelled so nice when the lady opened it up for me to check. But to my disappointment, it still cannot be compared with Crown Prince Hotel's one. The Crispy durian is not bad. Very nice durian paste and the skin is not too oily and is crispy. But the yam one is far from what I expected. The skin looks the same as the durian one and supposedly should be made in the same way too. But it is soft, not crispy, and kinda thick. Yam paste is not sweet. Egg yolk seems to be taking up more than yam paste. Aww sobs. Loved Crown Prince's one. Flaky yam mooncake with single yolk and pumpkin. Yam paste is sweet, skin is flaky and not oily, can be kept in fridge and it taste good chilling too :p Haiz next year try another one bah. Actually there are a few brochures which has yam flaky mooncake also. But strangely I could not see them during mooncake tasting at taka. I did checked with one of the hotel salesgirl , and it turns out to be that the brochure is printed the same as last year's one. But they are not selling it anymore this year. Sobs. Why! Crown Prince! Sobs. :'( My indulge just once a year. =(
So much want to go buy some more yummy flaky yam mooncake leh. I am not satisfied! Sobs...
So much want to go buy some more yummy flaky yam mooncake leh. I am not satisfied! Sobs...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home